We don't go by "Schmutz" anymore, but it's our common thread. For the last 3 years Grandma Vicki treats her progeny to St George Ballet Company's "Nutcracker." All of us who could be there had a great time. We were short only 1 baby girl and 3 little boys. All the little girls, and a few of the big ones, wanted "Ballerina Buns". It was so fun to get the girls all dressed up and go out together. I remember going to the ballet with my mom when I was so young. I felt so special. My mom would lean over and whisper things like, " Ooooh, did you see her extension?" and "Ok, this is the pa des deux. The girl will do footwork (beats) and turns then the man will jumps." or "oooh, she makes is look so easy." Since mom has always been a dancer, it's really fun to learn from her and see her get excited. I know St. George's ballet company is very young and small, but what fun to go with Mom. We had a great time, even Tegan and Erin, were transfixed. I was personally very excited to watch Jaycee Jolley perform, but a knee injury kept her out. sad sad. However, the beauty of a tradition is maybe we'll get to see her perform next year! Thanks Jaycee, for taking the photo at the Ballet. The next one is all of hanging out the night before!





3 comments:
I loved reading this post--do I say that about all of them?. I do love to read your posts. It was awesome to see all you ladies together with your adorable girls. I remember going to the ballet with my mom too. I haven't been to the nutcracker in a long time. What a fun tradition.
I can't wait to see you. I am getting homesick writing this and I am coming in just a couple of days!!
I especially love the last photo with all the girls dressed up or in PJ's holding trophies. Too cute!
Sam I totally LOVE your hair cut. It is so adorable on you. You have probably had it like this for forever, but hey I haven't seen you in like 3 years. It is cute. Your girls are adorably gorgeous. What a fun girl's night out tradition. Good thing you had girls :)
Post a Comment